Thursday 9 December 2010

Slow down on Assignment 4

My deadline was December 12th but I had it extended a month to January 12th 2011 as I have been so busy. I was running a class for 8 students in basic Photoshop under the auspices of the local U3A association. I hired the local Internet learning centre for four 2-hour sessions and had forgotten how much prep it takes for even short sessions.

I had not realised that one member of the class was a complete beginner in digital imaging and a couple of the men were advanced workers. This makes it very difficult as there was a wide gap between skills and I found it hard to start at the right level for the majority of students. I had prepared a session on Layers but two or three of the people found they lost their way completely so I decided to keep the lessons much simpler and just concentrate on one or two basic topics each time. 

I have also been designing a website for the local photographic club as I am now a member. All the clubs in the surrounding area have websites but Lyme Bay did not partly because there was no one to design it.  I spent about a week putting it together and am using WordPress to host it. It's fairly basic but I'm pleased with it.  See what you think, here's the address:

Assignment 4 will feature Lyme Regis in autumn/winter as an upmarket travel brochure and I think I will use one of John Fowles 'Three Town Walks' as my guide.  Lyme Regis will be all lit up for Christmas and I thought it would be interesting, as well as taking standard daylight pictures of Broad Street, see what I could achieve with the Christmas lights on. The town makes a big thing about lights as it draws the crowds in to spend money.

No comments:

Post a Comment